I am back to talking about cupcakes today! Woo!
This time, I want to talk about the time I made my chocolate chip cupcakes, with chocolate icing.
So lets get to the recipe shall we.
- Cupcake Tin
- Electric Whisk (Hand held or standing)
- Mixing Bowls
- Metal Spoon
- Measuring Jug
- 12 Cupcake Cases
- Icing Bag and Nozzle
For the cupcakes:
- 110g Softened Butter
- 110g Caster Sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 110g Self Raising Flour
- 1-2 tbsp Milk
- 1/2 bag of Chocolate Chips
For the icing:
- 100g Softened Butter
- 200g Icing Sugar
- 50g Cocoa Powder (Sieved)
- 1tbsp Vanilla Extract
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees (fan) and prep your cupcake tray with cupcake cases. Then start to prep your ingredients by weighing them all out.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar in a bowl. Keep working the mixture until pale. Then beat in the beaten eggs, a little at a time.
3. Once combined and mixture is pale, start to fold the flour a bit at a time using a metal spoon. Take your time with this, to avoid knocking all of the air out of the mixture. You also add the milk at this stage if required. I add the milk to help the mixture become a dropping consistency.
4. Once the mixture is at the desired dropping consistency, add in the chocolate chips and fold in using your metal spoon to ensure they are fully coated and Spoon the mixture into the the cupcake cases and place the cupcakes into the oven for 10-15 minutes. Keep an eye on them as you can take them out once they are golden brown and they spring back after touching them. (lightly)
Whilst they are out of the oven and cooling, it’s time to prep the chocolate buttercream icing. I chose chocolate, well because who doesn’t want to eat chocolate chip cupcakes with chocolate icing?
5. Start by mixing the soft butter with an electric whisk (free standing or hand held). Then once this is soft and smooth start to gradually add in the cocoa powder and vanilla extract until combined. Then gradually start to add the icing sugar until it comes together and you have the desired consistency. Once combined and you are happy with the flavour, add to a pipping bag, with the nozzle of your choice and pipe onto the cooled cupcakes.
Whoop another scummy way of making delicious cupcakes!! Let me know if you give this recipe a try or if you have a better recipe for choice chip cupcakes!
Side note, I am seriously considering writing about the time I got experimental in the kitchen and tried to make Rolo centred cupcakes…It didn’t work out as planned, lets just say the Rolo cookies worked a lot better!
Until next time!